Thursday, October 02, 2008

Need a chimney cleaning?

(sing to the tune of the Calomine Lotion jingle)

"Icky, sticky, drippy, crusty...oh I see that shiny stuff-y!" (end song)

You know what I am talking about, right? Huh? CREOSOTE! That black stuff that sticks to the inside of your chimney. The stuff that, when you open your flue, sometimes trickles down in a fine, powdery substance.

Did you know that it was flamable? I didn't.

In comes The Irish Sweep. I figured I would get down and dirty with Sally, the knower of all-things-chimney, and the owner.

Sally said there are some easy things that you can do to help maintain your chimney to keep it in good, running order. To watch a cleaning in action, and to hear some of Sally's important tips, click on the video link above. And to contact Sally and her crew of amazing workers, visit http://www.theirishsweep.com/.

No comments: